Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Finally getting a few minutes to talk about my trip. It was great! I love southern France. Landed in Toulouse, then on to Montpellier, Nimes, Saint Tropez, Nice, Monaco, Saint Paul de Vence, Aix en Provence, Carcassonne, Roncal (now Spain), Roncesvalles, Saint Jean Pied de Port, Sailes de Bearn, Tarbes, Toulouse. Lots of driving, but the roads are so good and organized, one hardly has to speak French to get around. Gotta read fast in the roundabout though.

It was all very lovely, still green and all the grapes still on the vines. I didn't like Monaco at all, but loved the countryside, and definitely want to go back to the Pyranees for a hike. It was freaky driving from France into Spain in the evening, into some major fog, almost hitting a very large pig and deciding to turn around and stop at the ski resort at the highest point just on the border. Luckily, the door was open and we went in looking for someone. Along came the maintanance man and we got a room opened for the night. The next morning, clear skies showed us the incredible cliffs we might have tumbled down had we continued on the road into Spain, the night before in the fog. Well, here are some photos. Too many to put on the site, but I'll change the selection once in a while. I tried to take more photos of people and moods this time, instead of all buildings. Would love to go back!

No comments: